CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 15, 2012

Since I've been slacking....UPDATES!!!

     Other than my IKEA insanity, I have totally been slacking on the blog and updates!  Sorry, it's been a hectic month for many reasons!  First things first, you can see our new floors in all of these posts.  We decided to go with a laminate from Home Depot.  Being from the north, we thought hard woods (bamboo being our choice) were the way to go.  Lo and behold, Florida humidity makes laminates more desirable.  So, we went with the laminate, which would be longer lasting.  Empire today, who was having a 60% off sale, was still priced more than double the cost of our floors.  We went with the cheaper option, from Home Depot.  The amazing installation team from Tile Styles (3rd party contractor of Home Depot), finished our job in one day!!!!  Four Bedrooms!  They were very polite, silly, and we were very pleased with their work.
    Other updates include the guest bathroom.  I apologize for the picture quality, I'm working on it, lol.  

 
      My newest update, and certainly my favorite so far, is the guest bedroom!   We went with a sofa sleeper from Rooms to Go, in a Slate color.  You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to find a grey or black sofa (non-leather), with a sleeper, in Florida!  The color theme in there will be black, white and grey with pops of purple.  
Rug from IKEA-19.99!!!

Our temporary DVD shelf, and IKEA curtains

We are looking for purple pillow covers!
       Well, those are our latest updates.  Our bedroom furniture was not in stock and won't be in until July, but, oooh, I can't wait, lol!  I'll do a big "reveal" online.  Also, I realize our walls are lacking the love.  We want to make sure things are in their permanent home before hanging things.  We're also looking for great wall art too!  Thanks so much for stopping by! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment