CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 26, 2011

Tough Morning, Fun Day!



My dad in his glory at Graceland, the home of his idol!


December 26, 2008...he fought hard and strong and we even had a few "good" hours on Christmas Day but my Dad finally lost his uphill battle against heart disease.  We knew he would soon pass, he was on hospice, but nothing will ever prepare you for the loss of your hero.  So, on that day three years ago, I woke on the couch and couldn't hear him breathing...I knew.  I was home alone so I called Steve (hubby) and the hospice service as well as my closest friends and family.  It was a terrible, terrible day.  I had now lost both of my parents and I just wanted to be away.  (I totally did not intend to be so somber)....anyways, being so far away from friends and family made today pretty hard...I didn't want to get out of bed to be honest and teared up and the amazing messages from my closest friends and family.  But, knowing my Dad would have told me to "Suck it Up!"
Him and his silly self!
I mosied around the house and got ready for a fun day at Disney with a new friend!  We had a fun day and I was able to get out and about.  Sometimes you just need to get out and live in the present.  My Dad had many great years here and I appreciate each moment I got to spend with him.  Wish my Daddy-O could be around to enjoy everything with me now but, I know he's here in spirit (probably telling me to stop crying now, lol). There's never any really great way to deal with death, nothing anyone can say that fixes the hurt you feel.  The best advice I've had has been to enjoy the memories and believe that your loved ones are watching over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment